Awards & Accomplishments
Recent Graduate Student Awards
- Margot Wielgus was awarded a fellowship from the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinshaft (DFG) to work as a visiting doctoral student at Freiburg University, 2014-15.
- Rob Guerin was awarded a grant from the Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst (DAAD) for study in Germany, 2013-14.
- Michael Wiitala was awarded the 2013-14 UK Dissertation Year Fellowship.
- Joan Braune was awarded the 2010-11 UK Presidential Fellowship.
- Margot Wielgus was awarded the 2009-10 UK-Heidelberg Exchange Scholarship.
- Brandon Absher was awarded the 2008-09 UK Presidential Fellowship
- Congratulations to our graduate students on receiving these awards!
Graduate Student Accomplishments
- Rob Guerin won the 2014 UK Philosophy Graduate Student Essay Competition for his paper, "Janus-Faced: Imagination, Syllogism, and Kant’s Transcendental Idealism."
- Joan Braune's dissertation has been published as Erich Fromm's Revolutionary Hope: Prophetic Messianism as a Critical Theory of the Future (Sense Publishers, 2014).
- Clint Jones's dissertation has been published as A Genealogy of Social Violence: Founding Murder, Mimetic Violence, and the Future of the Family (Ashgate, 2013).
- Joshua Horn won the 2012 Philosophy Graduate Student Essay Competition for his paper, "The Ontological Interpretation of Compossibility."
- UK Arts & Sciences Outstanding Teaching Assistant awards were received by Tyler Klaskow (2012) and Joshua Horn (2013).
- Jesse Delaney won the 2011 Philosophy Graduate Student Essay Competition for his paper, "Possibility and Critique: A Study of Immanuel Kant's Methodological Development."